Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ghostwriting Job Might Be Off


Contract negotiations for my ghostwriting job are disintegrating fast. Ha! I love saying that, it's so douchy. But it's true, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand I'd lose a nice chunk of cash for a quick turnaround. But on the other I really don't feel like working on such a rushed deadline, especially since the material needs so much editing. Also: I don't like being "accidentally" shown photos of my client having bareback sex when he's looking for something else in his iPhotos. And I've already done soooo much work on the project while his lawyers and my agent duke it out.

If this book doesn't end up happening, I don't know what else I'd do in the time between now and when my own book comes out. I don't do well with idle time, it tends to get me into trouble. I'd hopefully at least get a kill fee and turn over all my transcripts. Actually, they'd BETTER do that, I have some pretty incriminating stuff in there and since I haven't signed a single thing yet, I'm under no confidentiality agreement.

Nah, I'd never do anything like that. The karma would take decades to reverse itself. I offered to be TV watcher for Gawker for free, since they were looking for a cheaply paid intern. It might actually happen, I got a response back. I've got a date tonight, gotta go shave.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Shit, I hope it stays on. I need something to do.