Sunday, January 11, 2009

Success!!!


Last night I was catching up on my old New Yorkers and read the Will Oldham profile from two weeks ago. I was surprised and happy to see the name of an old friend of mine from college mentioned - Jeffrey Lewis. Apparently he had written a song about Will. I finished the article, turned out the light, fell asleep and had the usual nightmares.
This morning I was reading the New York Times and noticed a giant cartoon about the past year of Jeff's life in their music blog section. It illustrated him getting his heart broken and touring with the Mountain Goats, Jarvis Cocker, Stephen Malkmus and a bunch of others.
Sweet, cute little hippie Jeff got totally famous!!! I am very proud to say I knew him way back when. Check out his stuff here and here.
He is a great guy and deserves all of this.

No comments: