Monday, February 2, 2009

A Fitting Death


One of my old beauty editors gave me this bottle of Chanel no. 5 lotion because I loved the design and the really pale pink color of the lotion. I thought it was an exercise in perfect luxury product production. Last night I was opening a door on the shelf it sat on in my bathroom when the entire structure fell off the wall. I caught the shelf, but the bottle slipped and fell on the ceramic tile and shattered. I'm really bummed -- it's one of those things I'd never go out and buy for myself because it's so totally gay to even own.
But I take great comfort in the fact that even though it slipped to its death, it went down rather beautifully.

4 comments:

Erin Flaherty said...

hey jeez i think i was that "old beauty editor." sheesh. someday when i'm an even older beauty editor i will get you a new one. (oh wait, but in the future there is no such thing as a beauty editor. we are all simply bloggers now. and bloggers don't get free shit from chanel.)

fuck.

Joshua Kennedy Lyon said...

No silly, it was Celia. I would never call you "old."

Joshua Kennedy Lyon said...

and besides, I clearly meant old as "former"

Anonymous said...

oooh, that's beautiful. i love the color too