Thursday, August 28, 2008

Henceforth, a Blogue


As some of you know, I got my career started at Interview magazine back in the mid-90s, so I've been watching their regime change with great interest. Ingrid Sischy and Sandy Brant had a pretty bizarre influence on my late adolescence, and I basically worship Fabion Baron. The new September issue is pretty fucking great. My only problem with it was that every single designer they picked for their "Non-conformists" piece was a man, but other then that personal annoyance, it's a great read, especially the interviews with Gardar Eide Einarsson, Kate Moss and this guy, who I am now totally obsessed with.
But the BEST part of the issue is Glenn O'Brien's brilliant way of dealing with Anna Wintour's distaste of the word blog. He refers to them as blogues.
Fucking. Genius.

No comments: