Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Crawl


I had the weirdest allergic reaction to the meds my doctor put me on to cure me of the disease I picked up in Africa. My joints didn't work right and I could barely move all morning. I had to crawl to get my phone and call my doctor. He switched them out for a new batch of pills that just seem to make me tired and pissed off all the time, so I'm gonna go to Fire Island tomorrow for a few days to recover on the beach. Boo fucking hoo, right? Right. Don't judge me.
I'm not sure if it's the jet lag or what but I've been prone to these sudden outbursts of tears the last few days. Yesterday I was in Times Square crossing the street and it happened midway through, in front of a bunch of horrified tourists. Five minutes later, I saw a man shitting himself in front of the Hachette Filipacchi building, but that elicited zero emotion.

No comments: