Monday, March 30, 2009

These Things Take Time


I've been speaking with the Brooklyn DA's office about providing a background deposition about George Weber's sex life and history, to help them build their hopefully already-solid case against John Katehis. John is trying to plead self-defense which is bullshit because A) he stabbed George 55 fucking times and B) George was a masochist, 100%. He never would have been the aggressor in ANY sexual situation. I'm also suspicious about the duct tape. George liked rope and he would have been especially safe with a new guy. This makes me wonder if it wasn't the first time they met up. I'm trying not to think too much about the whole thing, I've processed it as much as I can. In a way it's like a chapter of my life finally closing but before the door is shut for good I want to help make sure that demon kid is locked away.

In lighter news, I saw Morrissey perform at Carnegie Hall other night. He ripped off his shirt at one point and was shockingly buff. He sang "Death of a Disco Dancer," which will always have a special place in my heart because I slow danced to it once with Joe, my college housemate who died of cancer after we graduated. That same night I ended up hanging out with the actor who plays my favorite Gossip Girl
character and had to listen to a tirade about "faggots" coming from the backseat of my truck. But later we met up with another of my favorites from the show, one who was really sweet and genuinely excited about my book and even wanted to get an early copy. So yay, maybe my book will end up on a coffee table in the background of the show someday!! Better that than Ann Coulter's new book -- that was the weirdest product placement I've ever seen on GG. And why the hell did they work it into the script?? A certain leggy blond Nazi must have a rather powerful friend at the CW.

Tomorrow I'll be attending the Nylon 10th Anniversary party. I will try not to get drunk and accidentally push Peaches Geldof off the balcony.

No comments: