Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Quick Note on the Friday the 13th Remake


I know I should probably be enraged about this remake, but the truth is that I'll see ANY horror movie that comes out, no matter what. So, so much for that protest.

But what's really bumming me out is that they are giving SO much away about this "re-imagining" from the commercials. I can already tell that they have combined key plot points of Parts 1, 2, and 4 from the 40 second commercial. So far we can tell that they're using the origin story from Part 1 (duh), Jason grabbing the boyfriend through the window in Part 2, teens staying in a house near Crystal Lake and the guy looking for his sister who has disappeared in Part 4.

Why give so much away? We also know from the commercial that the black guy gets it. Hmph.

(PS - I have been obsessed with Amy Steel (above) for YEARS. She was always my favorite Friday Final Girl).

No comments: