Friday, October 3, 2008

Lord of the Fly


The creepiest thing in the world just happened to me. I was on the phone with my sister, who had called to ask what it had felt like when I got appendicitis because she was having severe abdominal pains on her right side. As I was talking to her, I had my cell phone held between my ear and my shoulder. I was closing the refrigerator door with my right hand and my left hand was clutched in a fist because I was nervous - she was refusing to go to the hospital and I was trying to convince her it was worth it to just make sure she was ok (she hates hospitals).
As I closed the fridge door I felt something moving inside my clutched fist. I freaked out and opened it fast and a HUGE black fly flew out of my hand and disappeared somewhere into the apartment.
WHAT THE FUCK????
I find it hard to believe that I would have accidentally caught a fly in my hand without knowing it. I went to Ikea the other day and itched for about seven hours after sitting on a bunch of couches, so I'm super sensitive to this sort of thing. So the only deduction I can come up with is that this was a prognostication of things to come if my sister doesn't get her ass to a hospital immediately.
She's in a cab now.

No comments: