Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Done. Next...


I ended up writing that entire ghostwriting job in seven days after procrastinating for four months because I hadn't been paid. Now that it's over I don't have the same hateful feelings about my subject. We went over some edits on the phone tonight and then instead of just hanging up, we shit the shit for a while and I learned all sorts of crazy scandalous secrets about the show he's on. It's the type of stuff tabloids would have a field day with, but I'm going to take the high road and keep it to myself. Something tells me it's better to have that show on my side, and apparently right now they are. They all love the book, it's being passed around in between takes.

I found out yesterday that this guy who did heroin for the first time in my house after I gave him my old dealer's number has become a total junkie. I feel responsible and am going to try and help him get on a Suboxone program. He claims he wants to quit, and hopefully he means it. So few junkies really do, it's just something to say, like "I'm hungry," or "Where's my shoe?"

Come this this tomorrow. I'm not a judge this time around but it should still be fun. A writer that I've had a crush on is going to be there. I have no idea what he looks like but his writing style is super weird and funny and reminds me so much of my younger sister. Dear God: please make him cute and then make him have a crush on me.

No comments: